Friday, November 20, 2009

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff


I've seen a couple of different recipes for this and I tried one that called for cream cheese and sour cream. I thought it ended up being too much "cream" flavor so I'm saying to do either or.

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or sour cream
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

1.Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.


2.Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm

Place the chicken and italian dressing seasoning in crockpot. I added carrots and a little bit of water on the bottom.

Crockpot hint: Crockpots cook their best when they are about 2/3 to almost full, if you have a large crockpot like I do, then make a secondary covering out of tin foil to create a lower "lid" about an 1"-2" from the food.

After the meat has cooked, I cut it into cubes using a metal spatula

Add the cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and mix and cook for another 30-60 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin