Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing

Here in Utah, we have a Mexican grill place called Cafe Rio (it is quickly spreading into other states as well) but they have a salad that I crave daily weekly mostly because of the dressing that they put on their salad. I've been on the hunt for quite some time for the perfect mock recipe and I think I've found it with the Our Best Bites dressing recipe. I like to make up my own Cafe Rio salad to use this dressing or I just add a little bit to my homemade salsa and go to town with chips. Basically, I can find a lot of uses for this dressing, it's great for dipping quesadillas, pouring over enchiladas (in small doses), etc...


Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing

1 pack (1oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 C mayo
1/2 C milk
1 lime
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 C roughly chopped cilantro (sometimes I use more) ☺
1/4 C green salsa (They recommend La Costena brand and that's what I use)
hot sauce


 Place milk, mayo, and ranch mix in a blender.  2 T of lime juice. Toss in the garlic, cilantro and green salsa. Blend it up. Sample it and add hot sauce to taste. Make it several hours ahead of time to allow it to thicken.



If you can't find the La Costena green salsa, make sure you read the Our Best Bites blog about finding the right green salsa for this recipe.
Grab a tortilla, grate some cheese, throw some rice over the top (seasoned is better, but not is okay too)
Get some chicken or roast beef (or steak)  and black beans to cover
(Sorry, I like a LOT of dressing)
Add some salad and some pico de gallo (I just use my homemade salsa as a sub). Some guacamole wouldn't hurt, but I don't have any.
Voila!

3 comments:

roseofsharcon said...

You owe me a new keyboard. I've just ruined mine by drooling all over it. ☺ That looks SOOOOO delicious!

BethanyLaRue said...

well done Nett. Yummy! and you got me in the kitchen! :)

Annette said...

Glad to hear it, Beth! ☺

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin