Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Applesauce Cookies


You usually either love these or hate them. I hadn't tried this particular recipe before, it was one of my Grandma's. Her recipe is actually for Apricot puree, but I used Applesauce.

Applesauce Cookies

1 c Margarine
2 c Sugar
2 Eggs
4 c Flour
1 t Cloves (ground)
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Nutmeg (I didn't put this in)
2 t Baking Soda
1 c Chocolate Chips (I put like 2 - 2.5 cups in)
2 c Applesauce or Apricot Puree
1/2 t Salt

Dissovle Soda in the puree or applesauce, mix all ingredients and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Margarine and Sugar
Beat and add the Eggs
Soda dissolving in the Applesauce
After everything is mixed together except Chocolate Chips
These will spread and look like pancakes, since I used Applesauce I probably should have put more Flour in.
Add Chocolate Chips, spoon out drops on pans and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
They still taste really good though. ;)

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

I definitely fall into the 'hate' camp. I don't know how anyone can actually prefer those cookies to pretty much any other kind. The only cookie I loathe more is the snickerdoodle. :p

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin