Thursday, April 2, 2009

Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl


I got this recipe from the Food and Family magazine, and here is the original recipe.

Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl

3 cups sliced fresh Strawberries
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2 cups thawed Whipped Topping, divided
2 cups frozen pound cake cubes (1 inch) (I used Angel food cake, and I didn't freeze it)
1 square Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Mix the Sugar and Strawberries and set back in fridge
Beat the Cream Cheese, add Milk and Pudding mix, the original recipe has you add 1-1/2 c of Whipped Topping, but unless you plan on eating within a day I wouldn't mix it in there. If it sits for very long the flavor goes bad. I left it out.
Put about half of the pudding mixture on bottom of bowl
Then add your pound cake, or in my case I tore up some pieces of Angel food cake
Layer the Strawberries on next
And then add the rest of the pudding mixture
You're supposed to melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the top. I tried to cheat and use hot fudge topping and it didn't work out so much. :-)
Top with whipped topping!

2 comments:

Kenneth said...

That looks really good... (drool drool) ;)

roseofsharcon said...

That looks fan-freaking-tastic. :-) Also, yes Bakerella's little sheep and bunny suckers were absolutely adorable. I don't think I'd have the dedication or perfectionism to make something like that.

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin