Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Amy's Chili

The weather outside was frightful so I thought it was a good day to pull out the crockpot and make some chili. I'm still on a quest to find a recipe that satisfies both Cary and I. It will probably never happen, but a girl can dream.
Here is a recipe from an internet friend. (Wow, that sounds really lame.) It was a good recipe and I will probably make it again after I've tried some other recipes. The good thing about chili is that you can personalize it however you want to.

Amy's Chili
1 lb of ground beef (or turkey)
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of stewed tomatoes (or can of diced tomatoes and green chilies)
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of butter beans (or navy beans)
1 small can of tomato paste
5 cloves of garlic (I just used garlic powder)
Onion (I puree mine, I don't like chunks) ;-)
1 packet of chili seasoning
pepper to taste

I just browned the meat and threw everything in the crockpot.

I served it with all the healty stuff like sour cream, cheese, and fritos. :-)



No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin