Friday, September 4, 2009

Sarah's "Healthier" Muffins

Well, the recipe I was going to post was a flop so I decided to post this instead. My friend Sarah made these muffins and posted the recipe and we liked them, so I wanted them on my blog so I can find the recipe later.
Sarah's "Healthier" Muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 large, overly ripe, bananas, mashed
2 cups zucchini, grated
1 cup carrot, grated
3 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup white flour
1 1/2 whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Bake @ 400 for 15-18 minutes (I forgot, and mine were in for 22 minutes and were good)
Makes 20-24 muffins

Grated Zucchini

"Wet" ingredients

Everything mixed together

(You don't have to use the muffin paper cups) :)

2 comments:

Sarah Lenhart said...

It's so nice to see how fluffy looking they turn out in places with slightly lower elevation. I'm glad y'all liked them. Sometimes I wonder if I get completely biased about some recipes. :)

Annette said...

:D I did like them, and I love that it helps me use up carrots and bananas too!

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin