Saturday, August 15, 2009

Squash Casserole


This is a Paula Deen recipe and it's really good!

Squash Casserole

6 cups large diced yellow squash and zucchini
Vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed butter crackers (recommended: Ritz)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Saute the squash in a little vegetable oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down, about 15 to 20 minutes. Line a colander with a clean tea towel. Place the cooked squash in the lined colander. Squeeze excess moisture from the squash. Set aside.
In a medium size skillet, saute the onion in butter for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and mix all ingredients together except cracker crumbs. Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish and top with cracker crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
I just used Squash and I grated it instead of dicing it and then saute'd it
Add Sour Cream, Sauted Onions, Cheese, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder
Put in a casserole dish (or a dish like mine) :)
I didn't measure anything, I just sort of threw things together. Bake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some day when I'm not working 2 jobs and I'm home to cook I want to try some of these, they look sooooo good.

Bonnie

P.S. keep it up!!

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin