Thursday, February 5, 2009

Minestrone


This is supposed to be a copy cat of Olive Garden's Minestrone. I didn't think it quite tasted the same but it was still good (Maybe it's cause I strayed away from the recipe!). My only regrets are that I didn't quite have it long enough in the crockpot before eating, and that I didn't half the recipe! :-) I'm going to have to go find some hungry people on the street so we're not eating this soup for the next 2 weeks.

Minestrone

3 TB Olive Oil
1 Onion (white)
1/2 c Chopped Zuchinni
1/2 c Frozen Greenbeans
1/4 c Celery
4 Cloves Garlic (I used Garlic Powder)
4 c Vegetable Broth (specifically says not to use Chicken)
2 (15oz) cans Kidney Beans (drained)
2 (15oz) cans White Beans (drained)
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
1/2 c Chopped Carrots
2 T Parsley
1 1/2 t. Oregano
1 1/2 t Salt
1 1/2 t Pepper
1/2 t Basil
1/4 t Thyme
3 c Hot Water
4 c Spinach (baby leaf or chopped) Mine was frozen
1/2 c Shell Pasta (I used a cup since 1/2 didn't seem like enough)

Makes 6 Quarts


Chopping up Onions and Celery
Throwing stuff in the crockpot

Cutting up Zuchinni

Adding Diced Tomatoes

Cut up Carrots

The Beans

Spinach

Final product. I had it in the crockpot for 4 hours and it should've/could've gone longer for me personally. It still turned out alright. My mom and Cary liked it. :-)

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin